Monday, June 9, 2008

A lot has been going on...




OK...The last two weeks have been really BUSY!

Two weeks ago we attended my grandparents 50th Anniversary Party. What an accomplishment and great honor. I truly admire couples who have reached this milestone. Especially in this day and age. It seems that many couples find it easier to give up when times get tough rather than work together and become stronger during those difficult times. I have two sets of grandparents who have made it to 50 years of marriage together. I have learned a lot from both of their examples. They have made great role models for mine and Travis' marriage. Here are a few pictures. (My camera batteries went dead)
Me with my grandmother.
Happy 50th Anniversary!

Haylee, me, my dad, and sister!
Me and my dad!



My sister, Kristen, has a few more pictures on her blog if you want to check them out.

The week after the anniversary was my last week of school. My district didn't get out of school until June 4th, teachers last day was the 5th. So my first full day of summer vacation began on Friday, June 6th, which was the day that my new little niece was to be born.

Kayelyn Olivia
June 6, 2008
4:17 p.m.
8 pounds 14 ounces
20 inches long

Proud New Papa



New baby girl!
New Big Sister seeing Kayelyn for the first time!

Uncle T with his daughter and neice! (What a great babysitter!)

These are the only pictures I have of little Kayelyn right now. After being born she was having a difficult time breathing on her own. She was put in the NICU about 30 minutes after delivery. She spent the night there on Friday and sometime during the night her lung collapsed. The following night both of her lungs collapsed. Yesterday morning she was life flighted to Memorial Hermann Children's Downtown. She is now in great care! She is stable and slowly improving. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. I will be sure to update as the days go on. The lungs heal themselves. It can be from 7-14 days. She is closely monitored at all times. That hospital is an unbelieveable place! We can't wait for her to get well and be able to hold that little girl!
I have been keeping both the girls. We all want things to be as normal as possible for the new big sister. So here are a couple of pics of them yesterday afternoon in the backyard.


A few others I had...This is Haylee's new favorite thing to do! She loves to help daddy water the yard (or herself).

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! You do have a lot going on :)

Happy 50 Years to your grandparents! And congrats on becoming an AUNT again! Two little girls you are keeping huh? Does that make you want anything else right now...?? :)

I need to email you about getting together. What does your weekend look like?

Stephanie said...

Wow..you have been busy! I will be thinking and praying about your niece and the rest of the family. Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats to your grandparents...mine are celebrating their 50th this year as well.

You sure are busy.

Congrats on being an aunt again; I hope your niece is doing better.