Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

This year when I asked the girls what we should get Daddy for Father's Day, Haylee said a fruit basket. For every holiday Haylee wants to get an edible arrangement. It is her favorite gift to give. Read about The Gift from last year. So rather than buying one I decided that we could make one for Travis. Then it would mean a lot more. We went to Hobby Lobby to look for a container, then to the grocery store for fruit. When we got home we began to assemble our gift. Each of the girls made several skewers all by themselves. They were so proud!




The girls each made their dad a picture frame and picked out their own card. I was extremely proud of Haylee when I heard her sounding out the words she was writing to her daddy. Here is what she wrote.




It reads, " I love my dad. Happy father's day daddy."


It was really easy for me to see since I read beginning writers work all the time.


Travis with his girls!



Read the girls shirts! Super cute.


Happy Father's Day to the hardest working, most dedicated, best daddy in the whole world! Our girls are so lucky to have you as their dad and I am so blessed to be your wife.

Love you Trav!

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! I never would have thought to make one (and probably save a million dollars). It looks like you bought it! Great job.