Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Gift

Last Thursday night Haylee was watching TV with us in bed. An Edible Arrangement commercial came on the television advertising arrangements for Father's Day. Haylee was very interested in this commercial. She wanted to know what it was and where you got something like that.
The next morning I told Haylee that we had to buy a gift for her daddy and asked her if she had any suggestions. She insisted that we go to the "fruit store" to get a gift. I offered a few other suggestions and she was not going to let me buy anything other than an Edible Arrangement.

We arrived at the Edible Arrangement store by our house and I told the workers that she saw a commercial and was insisting on getting something for her daddy. So, the lady got out the book and began showing Haylee the different types of arrangements and containers. Haylee told the lady that her daddy liked watermelon and strawberries then picked out a container that was shaped like a football because he liked that too. I have to say, moments like this melt my heart!! She really knows her daddy! (and she is getting so big)


How could I not buy that for Travis??? Haylee picked it ALL out just for her daddy! She was so proud.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness..how precious!!!
What a sweet picture too :)

Amy O Smith said...

Saw this pic on FB so had to come see the story. Can I just say how stinkin cute is this, just love it. Does she know her Daddy or what, guess they didn't have the TAMU ball? Lol! Yall are doing a great job, keep it up.

Amy Smith

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, what a sweet heart! I love it when they come up with ideas on their own like that!