Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is such a special day! I love being honored and being able to honor my mom's. I am lucky enough to have 3 very special moms in my life. They have all touched my heart and have made me the mom that I am today. For that I thank them.
Today started out with gifts from my girls. They bought me a picture frame, album, and some filters for my camera. I am still learning my camera and have learned from my sister in law that there are many filters that will give photographs special effects. Someone in my family was really listening to me when I mentioned looking into these.
After opening gifts we all got dressed and ready for church. Haylee made me a precious hand print flower in Sunday school. As a teacher, I make hand print gifts with my students to give to their moms. I always think to myself how special it will be when my kiddos do the same for me. I was very happy to receive my first hand print gift today.
We had a wonderful lunch, gumbo, at the Brewer's house. We enjoyed the afternoon visiting, meeting LaLa's new boyfriend, and watching the kids play in the sandbox.
Later in the afternoon we sat outside with the girls and experimented with my camera. It was so nice to sit in the shade and play with Haylee. Even baby Madi enjoyed being outside. As soon as I laid her in the grass, Madi began laughing. Not just the usual little chuckle she does, she was laughing hard! It is the sweetest sound. What another amazing Mother's day gift. I can not believe how blessed I am. I love my girls!
For dinner we enjoyed dinner with my dad and mom, Beth. We had fajitas! Yum! We all had a nice time visiting.
I had the best day! I felt so special. My amazing and thoughtful husband helped make that possible. Being a mom is the best job in the world, and having 2 of the most precious baby girls makes it even better.I hope all of the moms out there enjoyed their day as much as I did. Mom's deserve it!
Mommy and her girls after church!
Mommy and her Mohawk baby! :o)
Haylee and Briley playing in the sandbox.
Mommy and Haylee playing around outside
Summer is here!
Cuties!
Mommy with her girls again.
Mommy and Haylee Bug!
Baby Madi enjoying the outdoors.
Haylee and Daddy

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Great pictures!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy Mother's Day.

Those are great pictures, too! Isn't a new camera fun?

Stephanie said...

Happy Mothers Day!!
Sounds like a great weekend!
Love the pics...they turned out so pretty!!
I still love the handprint presents!! They are just the sweetest!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good mother's day! Wish we lived closer!

Stephanie said...

Can you email me your home address please?!?! stephray13@aol.com
Thanks!!