Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

This week Haylee began a 2 day a week preschool at Tiny Treasures. She has been so excited to begin school. She picked out a backpack, lunchbox, and nap mat. For the past 3 weeks she has asked when her school would open. She would say, "Mommy's school is open and mine is closed." Well, Tuesday was her first day. When she woke up, she was a bag of mixed emotions (and not feeling 100%...we had to begin nebulizers the night before). One minute she wanted to go, and the next, she wanted to stay home. She looked pretty cute though! Here are a few pictures.


Haylee "testing" out her napmat the night before school.

Look at our BIG girl!

Haylee walked right into her classroom, sat down at the table, and said she wanted to eat. She was excited about using her lunch box.

Then it was time to leave...Haylee began to get nervous. I think it was the other 10 children crying that made her upset.

Haylee's comments about school...
  • I have 5 friends.
  • My friends wear diapers and pull ups.
  • My friends eat lunch with me and take a nap.
  • I played outside.
  • We sang Itsy, Bitsy Spider and ABC's.
  • I don't know my friends name.
  • I went potty on the duck potty.

All in all, I think she had a wonderful day! She is growing up way too fast! We will see how tomorrow goes. :o)

Thank you to Melissa for letting me borrow your camera (oops...I forgot mine at home) and my friend Jessica for making Haylee's cute nap mat.






6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was wondering if Jessica made it! it looks so adorable!
I'm sure she is going to do great in preschool! It was the best thing I ever did for Landon!
Cant wait to hear how she adjusts!
She is sure one pretty little girl!!

Stephanie said...

It's crazy how fast our little girls are growing up! I'm glad she had a good day. Karys starts on the 21st. She's so excited too! Haylee's hair is so long and pretty - I'm jealous :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like she survived. So glad she was excited about it!

Love the napmat, too!

Kathleen said...

Haylee is so cute and her Aunt Katie is so proud that she started school.

Anonymous said...

Grandma thinks Haylee looks so cute. Too big, too soon. I love her nap pad. It is so precious!

Gma O

Pretty Lil Girl Boutique said...

She looks sooo big!! Wow! I am sorry that they were so sick.
I am glad that she loves her napmat :) YOu did a great job picking out the fabrics :)